Some of the finest breakfasts and brunches across the UK have been selected for the final of this year’s National Breakfast and Brunch Awards.
After a record number of recipe submissions, 16 dishes will now be served up to a panel of industry judges at the live final on Wednesday 29 January.
Chefs from businesses such as Brother Marcus, Darwin & Wallace and The Bus Café will be hoping to hold their nerve as they cook-off against each other under strict time conditions. A second round of cooking will also test creativity, as finalists put to use the ingredients from sponsors Pan’Artisan and Lamb Weston.
What’s more, this year’s event will also see the return of the Bloody Mary Challenge, where 12 bartenders will go head-to-head in creating their market-leading Bloody Marys in the hope of winning a trip to Louisiana with competition sponsor, Tabasco. The full list of finalists for both events (and their creations) can be seen below.
“I am delighted to say that the inclusion of brunch dishes for the first time resulted in a record number of entries,” comments Henry Norman, editor of OOH Magazine, which hosts the event. “It has also led to a much broader range of dishes, with Indian and Turkish specialities sitting alongside the more common full Englishes and benedicts. I, along with our panel of leading judges, can’t wait to try them all, and I wish all of our talented finalists the very best of luck.”
National Breakfast and Brunch Awards finalists
- Tried & True – T&T Killer Prawn Avo Smash
- Darwin & Wallace – Breakfast Tacos
- Lucky Beach – Katsu Sando
- Millie’s Tea Room – Kaya’s Special
- Daisy Tasker – Eggs Arbroath
- Ernest Cafe Bar – Chorizo & Halloumi Hashbowl
- The Bus Cafe – The Posh Hash
- Parlour – The Full NO SUBS Parlour Breakfast
- EL&N London – Signature Smashed Avocado on Pink Toast
- Cobbles Kitchen – Brecwast Fawr
- The Grazing Sheep – Full Monty Breakfast Muffin
- Bluegrass BBQ – Bluegrass BBQ Ultimate Smokehouse Plate
- Brother Marcus – Step Sister
- Crave Coffee and Desserts – Full Indian Breakfast
Bloody Mary Challenge finalists
- Blixen – Santa Maria
- The Athenaeum Hotel – The Athenaeum Bloody Mary
- Aether UK – Scoop-Diddy-Soup
- The Alchemist – Morning Medicine
- Manahatta – The Manahatta Bloody Mary
- Heads + Tails – Mary Berry
- Darwin & Wallace – Darwin & Wallace Bloody Mary
- Banyan Leeds – Banyan Mary
- Mandrake Hotel – Love – Passion – Pepper
- Brother Marcus – The Brother Mary
- The White Horse, Chilgrove – The White Horse Dirty Mary
- Gaucho – The Gaucho Bloody Mary